I see a lot of readers coming over from Telic Thoughts and Uncommon Descent to read the many and various "foot-in-mouth" quotes of the leaders of the "British Centre for Science Education". Welcome!
I think it must be a good time to wheel out a particular quote again, from my favourite supplier-of-embarassing-material, Ian Lowe:
That was at http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/BlackShadow/messages/2289 - until the BCSE pulled it. Happily, though, I archived it:
I don't know if you guys are aware, but large sections of the web get archived, and these older versions of websites can be highly embarrasing when dragged out at just the wrong moment in the future.
Somewhere To Get Started
If you're new here, then the following posts are good ones to get going on. Or look at the archive in the side-panel.
- The BCSE's educational experience: What's The National Curriculum?
- The BCSE's declarations on who qualifies as a scientist: Real Scientists And The BCSE
- The quality of the BCSE's research: Quality Of The BCSE's Research - An investigation
- The BCSE being threatened with legal action by a UK university for the dross on its website:Slight Credibility Problem
- The BCSE's attempt to show how those evil non-Darwinists are planning a theocracy: Theocracy, Part 2
- And finally, a plug for my Dawkins parable: Does Richard Dawkins Exist?
(Comments policy: here).